14 October, 2014 — 16 October, 2014
17th European Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production (ERSCP 2014) will take place in Portoroz, Slovenia, 14-16/10/2014.
The objective of ERSCP 2014 is to provide a platform to stimulate, develop, and disseminate information about new initiatives aimed at fostering the implementation of sustainable consumption and production within local and regional sustainable development initiatives. The Roundtable will have a special focus upon the urgency for developing serious efforts to speed up the transition to post fossil carbon societies in light of numerous climate change challenges.
In all the themes, contributions and case studies aimed to achieve “the Europe we want” will be addressed, with special attention given to sustainable/smart cities and communities, mutual regional integration, and cooperation among the countries in the Mediterranean, Central Europe, and South-Eastern European areas as together we learn from experiences from Nordic, Western and Asian countries. Based upon responses to the Call for Papers, the final themes of the ERSCP Roundtable will be elaborated into sub-themes.
The following main themes are will form the framework of the 17th ERSCP:
1. Improvements in Resource efficiency, sustainable production and design
2. Experiences with sustainable/smart cities and communities
3. Advances in ‘real’ Sustainable Consumption
4. New initiatives in Education for Sustainable Development
5. Results of Sustainability Innovations Research and Development
6. Exciting High-tech for Sustainability in Industries
7. Challenges for making progress in cross cutting themes including green and inclusive entrepreneurship and sustainable, ethical investments
The programme will include regular paper & poster sessions, workshops, two mini symposia, several mini roundtables, and social events, including a welcome party, a conference dinner and excursions. Networking and capacity building will be facilitated during the conference. There will be excursions on Friday October 17th, 2014. A special programme of activities is being planned for accompanying persons.
More information can be found in the Conference Announcement (below - download) and at conference website www.erscp2014.eu.